Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Beach Babies Sunny Smiles Summer Themed Card with Juliana

Hello friends! It's Juliana Michaels and today we're heading to the beach to soak up some sun with the adorable Beach Babies stamp set. The warm weather is finally arriving where I live and it definitely has me in the mood for the beach.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Beach Babies Sunny Smiles Summer Themed Card by Juliana Michaels

I began to work on the design of the card by stamping several of the adorable images from the Beach Babies stamp set. I then colored them with Chameleon Pens and die cut them using the coordinating dies. While I was stamping and coloring, I came up with the idea that it might be fun to create a little beach scene for my Beach Babies!

To create the beach scene, I began by creating a cloudy sky background using a stencil and Distress Ink. I then stamped the sand border from the Oceans of Joy stamp set with brown ink onto a piece of kraft cardstock and die cut it using the coordinating dies. I added a bit of Distress Ink to this piece as well to give it a bit of interest.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Beach Babies Sunny Smiles Summer Themed Card by Juliana Michaels

Once the background was complete, I added the stamped images. I used double sided foam adhesive tape to pop up some of the images and give the scene a bit of dimension. I stamped the sentiment, which is from the Beach Babies stamp set as well, onto a banner die cut using the Fancy Frames Rectangle dies. To complete the beach scene, I added the sun from the Sunny Sentiments stamp set.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! We can't wait to see what kind of beach scenes you create and share with us.

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Oceans of Joy Dies
Oceans of Joy Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Oceans of Joy Stamps
Oceans of Joy Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Sunny Sentiments Stamps
Sunny Sentiments Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Beach Babies Stamps
Beach Babies Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Beach Babies Dies
Beach Babies Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fancy Frames- Rectangles
Fancy Frames- Rectangles
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment: