Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Stars & Stripes Patriotic 4th Of July Card with Amy

Hello everybody! Amy here with a card using the wonderful Stars & Stripes stamp set and coordinating dies. I used this set to make a Fourth of July card, but you can also use some of the images and sentiments for birthday cards as well as cards for the super heroes in your life.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Stars & Stripes Patriotic 4th Of July Card by Amy Yang

To begin, I knew I wanted to do some easy coloring with Zig Real Color Brush Markers, so I stamped the images on watercolor paper with Black Versafine ink. Then, I applied clear embossing powder over it, and set it with a heat gun. This helped me color inside the lines, and it also added a nice raised (and shiny) texture to the outlines of the images. I tried to capture that in the photo below.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Stars & Stripes Patriotic 4th Of July Card by Amy Yang

Before adhering the images to the card front, I stamped the sentiment that is included in the set. To add interest and dimension to the card, I used foam tape to adhere the images (some with one layer and others with two) to the card front. To finish, I added some stars sequins.

I hope you like today's card. This design can be used with just about any stamp set. It's really simple to do, and fun to make! Thanks for stopping by the blog today. Have a fabulous Wednesday!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:
  

3 comments:

  1. Hi Amy ~ I love the fun and colorful patriotic card you've shared with us. Thanks so much for the inspiration. ~HUGS~
    #kindnessmatters

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love everything red, white, and blue! I love the 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea to share a patriotic design on Flag Day!! I love this SS stamp set!

    ReplyDelete