Saturday, June 3, 2017

Guest Designer Spotlight: Cards with Juliana Michaels

I'm so excited to welcome Juliana Michaels to the blog today as our special guest. She has some gorgeous cards that you are going to just love! 

Happy Saturday and Hello Sunny Studio Fans! It's Juliana with you today and I'm so happy to be guesting again here on the Sunny Studio blog. Today I'm sharing some cards I created using stamps and dies from the recent Summer release.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Magical Mermaids & Oceans Of Joy Guest Designer Cards by Juliana Michaels

For my first card I used the Magical Mermaids stamp set and coordinating die set to create a shaker card. Those cute little mermaids just begged for me to create an underwater scene! I stamped all of the images onto white cardstock and colored them with Prismacolor pencils. Next I, stamped the sand image from the Oceans of Joy die set onto a piece of light brown cardstock and cut the cardstock using the coordinating die.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Magical Mermaids & Oceans Of Joy Guest Designer Cards by Juliana Michaels

After all of the stamping and coloring was completed, I positioned all of the images and adhered a few  of them with double sided foam tape to give them some dimension inside the shaker. I created the shaker using a frame die, which I cut multiple times from white cardstock and glued together. Once the shaker base was put together, I filled it with a mix of sequins, jewels and seed beads before adhering the top of the shaker.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Magical Mermaids & Oceans Of Joy Guest Designer Cards by Juliana Michaels

On my second card, I again used the Magical Mermaids stamp set and colored the sweet little mermaid with colored pencils.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Magical Mermaids & Oceans Of Joy Guest Designer Cards by Juliana Michaels

To create the background I used a stencil and Distress Oxide Inks in Wilted Violet and Broken China. The sentiment was stamped onto black cardstock and heat embossed with white embossing powder. I then adhered all of the elements to the card front with double sided foam tape to give them some dimension.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Magical Mermaids & Oceans Of Joy Guest Designer Cards by Juliana Michaels

My third card uses the Oceans of Joy stamp set and coordinating die set. I stamped the happy little whale and colored him with Prismacolor colored pencils.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Magical Mermaids & Oceans Of Joy Guest Designer Cards by Juliana Michaels

To create the background, I used the ink smooshing technique with Salty Ocean Distress Ink onto a piece of water color paper. I love how this technique with this color gives you the look of splashing water! I then die cut the paper with various dies and pieced them back together to give the card from a touch of texutre. To complete the card, I added the whale, the sentiment and a few sequins for a touch of sparkle and shine.

I hope you enjoyed what I shared with you today. For another bit of inspiration, I invite you to visit my blog HERE to check out a fun technique for creating an underwater scene using the Oceans of Joy stamp set and Stitched Scallop Borders.

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:
      

2 comments:

  1. Hi Juliana ~ These cards are absolutely darling! Thanks for sharing.
    #kindnessmatters

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a fabulous job on all 3 cards. I was enthralled with the mermaids and the shaker card you did. Your coloring is to die for!!!! smooching included! :)

    ReplyDelete