Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Wishing You A Merry Christmas Card With Lindsey

Hi, Lindsey here today sharing a card using Holiday Style, Merry Sentiments, and the new Merry word die. All the new holiday sets just work so well together. It's fun to mix and match them to create different looks. Let's get started on how this card came together.


Sunny Studio Stamps: Holiday Style and Merry Sentiments Christmas Card by Lindsey Sams.

I began by cutting a scalloped rectangle out of gold glitter paper. Then, I cut a smaller stitched rectangle from Kraft card stock. I used the branch from Holiday Style  to create an evergreen tree on the left side of the Kraft rectangle. After I finished the tree, I used a white gel pen to add "snow" to the edge of the branches. Then I stamped part of my sentiment from Merry Sentiments in black. I left a space for the Merry die cut in between. I cut the Merry die three times from red card stock and stacked them together to add some dimension to the card. To finish the card off, I added some snowflakes from the Bundled Up stamp set and some white dots with my gel pen.


Sunny Studio Stamps: Holiday Style and Merry Sentiments Christmas Card by Lindsey Sams.

I love how this card turned out. I think it looks very elegant with the gold trim and bright red "Merry" just popping off the card. It was relatively simple to create, and I hope you'll give these sets a try yourself. Thanks for reading and have a great day!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:
    

5 comments:

  1. Lindsey has made a wonderful card!! I love the snow accents on the branches and the bold greeting on the subtle background. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the look of this card! So traditional and beautiful!!
    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete