Thursday, December 15, 2016

Festive Holly & Candy Striped Merry Card with Vanessa

Hi everybody! Vanessa here with a shiny, glittery Christmas card using various stamps and dies. I had this metallic candy cane striped patterned paper in my stash and wanted to use it for a card base:

Sunny Studio Stamps: Merry Sentiments Holly Christmas Card by Vanessa Menhorn.

First, I stamped and heat-embossed the sentiment from Merry Sentiments onto a strip of black cardstock, trimmed it and adhered it to the card that I had made from the patterned paper. Now I applied Versamark ink onto a small piece of red cardstock, applied red glitter embossing powder and heat-embossed this. Then I die-cut the merry from it, as well as from black fun foam, layered the die-cuts and adhered them to the card. Using an ink blending tool, I applied green ink to a scrap of white cardstock, die-cut the holly leaves from it and adhered them. Finally, I added red "sequinberries" to the leaves. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Merry Sentiments Holly Christmas Card by Vanessa Menhorn.

All that glitter. It's really difficult to show on a photo, but let me assure you, it is very festive irl :)

Thank you so much for stopping by today!

3 comments: